Pages

Friday 2 August 2013

Hyperemesis Gravidarum Pregnancy Four - Eight Weeks

Today at around eight weeks I was sick for the first (and hopefully last) time in this pregnancy. It took me by surprise as I thought it was a fairly reasonable day today but then as I was cleaning my teeth I suddenly felt an uncontrollable need to vomit. First I thought, "Why do I suddenly have an uncontrollable need to vomit?" Then I thought, "I'm cleaning my teeth of course - how silly of me not to realise." Then I finished cleaning my teeth while thinking how ridiculous it was of me to call it 'uncontrollable' when clearly I was controlling it. And then I realised I couldn't. It wasn't as bad as in previous pregnancies though as once it was over it was over and although I don't feel able to eat, I do feel tolerable rather than that intense "I'm just about to throw up" nausea remaining for ages afterwards. Maybe this is what people mean when they say they didn't mind being sick because at least they felt better afterwards - it's quite a novel experience and although I don't really want to repeat it, it is by far preferable to the usual hyperemesis gravidarum vomiting episodes. And successfully maintaining a pregnancy for this long without being stuck in bed throwing up all day is pretty amazing as it's the first time in six pregnancies that I've managed it. Thanks be to God.

No comments:

Post a Comment